A new City Jail, pick up more trash, get homeless off streets, better leadership
Neighborhood Association residents/business owners at recent meeting came up with these suggestions for improvements-
1. A new City Jail- How- Create a petition, get signatures of support and file request with City.
2. Pick up more trash- a. KCMO and MODOT create more sustainable system of trash pick up. b. Allow more trash bags per household per week. c. Provide more public trash can locations for weekly trash pick up routes. d. Analyze each highly trashed area for what is causing the excessive trash problem. e. If homeless are causing the trash problem, create a well managed non-profit company that hires ex- homeless people to help rid the public land from homeless living there, by offering them housing, job, rehab services as well as other places for them to camp (with water and sewer services) if they wish to continue living in a tent. This company would also help keep area clean.
3. Get homeless off the streets- residential and business areas are not conducive to get many mentally ill actively addicted homeless the help they require to live healthily. To allow them to use drugs, alcohol, violence, and use restroom on our public land and next to residences and businesses is not healthy or humane for anyone including the many vulnerable ADA, children and elderly residents that live in our neighborhood. Many services offer rehab help to homeless, and homeless refuse and prefer to live on land not zoned for camping, whether it be privately owned, land bank city owned, or MODOT owned land. Under 435/24 Hwy for example, there are many homeless that live there.
a. As mentioned above in #2- Create a well managed non-profit company that hires ex- homeless people active in 12 step program run by said non-profit. With proper contracts in place, company would help rid public or private land of homeless living there, by offering them housing, job, rehab services as well as other places for them to camp (with water and sewer services) if they wish to continue living in a tent. This company would also help keep area clean.
b. To create a central location for homeless to be would:
1. Help the homeless, allow them the freedom of continuing to live in open air, tenting, use alcohol and legal substances if they like while also providing them security, clean water and bathroom services, and access to mental health, rehab, housing, and job services. 2. Help homeless services access all homeless in one area- and ability to break off into specific groups that fit the needs of each individual. 3. Help provide security and separate the violent homeless offenders from population 4. Help residents, businesses and passerbys live, travel and do business in healthier, cleaner and safer environment
4. Get Better Leadership- Let your voice be heard to leaders and vote.
Thanks for listening.